Recommended Learning Resources
Are you interested in IT, Cybersecurity, Networking, Operating Systems, or Programming & Scripting? Look no further than SimeonOnSecurity’s recommendations for the best learning resources to enhance your skills and take your career to the next level.
General Information Technology:
If you are looking to develop your skills in general IT, there are many options available for you to explore. Here are a few that come highly recommended:
- Cybrary This is a fantastic, mostly free, cyber and IT learning resource that is a great place to start if you are new to the field.
- LinkedIn Learning LinkedIn Learning is a general learning platform that offers a wide range of courses, including IT courses. Check with your school, as they may offer free membership.
- Pluralsight Pluralsight is another general learning platform that has high-quality video content. Check with your school, as they may offer a free membership.
- Udemy Udemy is a general learning platform that offers a variety of courses, including IT courses.
For those interested in Cybersecurity, there are several resources available to help you learn and gain hands-on experience. Here are a few that come highly recommended:
- CyberWarfare This platform offers Red and Purple-Team Labs and Certifications to help you develop your skills.
- HackTheBox This platform offers Black-Box CTF Challenges to help you gain hands-on experience. Note that it has a paid membership option.
- INE INE offers both free and paid High-Quality Cyber Security labs and training.
- Immersive Labs This platform offers free Cyber Security Labs, with paid offerings also available. Free for active students.
- Mosse Cyber Security Institute This platform offers free Cyber Security Labs, with paid offerings also available.
- PenTesterLab This platform offers hands-on Pentesting Labs , with paid offerings also available.
- TryHackMe This platform offers guided CTF challenges, with a paid membership option.
If you’re interested in Networking, here are some resources that can help you develop your skills:
- Cisco You can learn Cisco for free through Cisco’s Networking Academy. Note that some courses have a fee.
- Juniper You can learn Juniper for free through Juniper’s learning portal. Complete the course to earn a free certification test voucher!
If you want to learn more about Operating Systems, here are some resources that can help you:
- Microsoft Microsoft offers free courses on a variety of topics, including Windows, Server, Azure, and more!
- VMWare VMWare offers free courses on VMware ESXi, Horizon, and Cloud Technologies to help you develop your skills.
- RedHat RedHat offers training on RHEL Systems, Servers, and Ansible.
Programming and Scripting:
If you’re interested in learning more about Programming and Scripting, here are some resources to consider:
- Code.org Code.org offers free coding courses and project ideas that can help you get started.
- Python Institute The Python Institute offers free entry-level Python courses to help you develop your skills.
Whether you’re interested in IT, Cybersecurity, Networking, Operating Systems, or Programming & Scripting, there are plenty of resources available to help you learn and develop your skills. With SimeonOnSecurity’s recommendations, you can find the best resources to meet your learning goals and take your career to the next level.